Diné Development Corporation (DDC) is the parent company of NOVA Corporation, DDC IT Services, Diné Source, BRIC, LLC, and DDC-CS and is 100% tribally owned by the Navajo Nation.
DDC is dedicated to providing outstanding services to its customers and employees. Our strength is in our ability to understand our client's needs and deliver a solution that will not only meet those needs but exceed their expectations. DDC strives to be innovative in all areas of business and is committed to technical excellence. Our corporate offices are located on the Navajo Nation reservation in Window Rock, Arizona, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, Albuquerque, New Mexico, and Columbia, Maryland.
DDC through its subsidiaries provides unique, custom solutions to meet our customers’ communications and technology needs. Our solutions provide relevant capabilities using modern technology. At their most complex, they are multi-purpose systems that gather information from dozens of different sources. The information is presented to decision makers immediately, visually, clearly.
Diné Development Corporation will accommodate individuals with disabilities that need assistance applying for open positions.
Diné Development Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer subject to the Navajo Preference in Employment Act.
Reporting to the Senior Business Development Director, the junior business development associate will assist in the long-term success for all subsidiaries under the DDC by developing, maintaining and improving business relationships within the federal, state and tribal market. The junior BD associate will be the professional point of contact for DDC and its subsidiaries. They will conduct research and foster business interest on behalf of all subsidiaries. The junior BD associate will be responsible for seeking out new and diverse business opportunities for all DDC subsidiaries that align with the DDC’s long term growth strategy. This position will be responsible for helping plan and execute a variety of business development strategies to shape and diversify the DDC family of companies. This will entail working closely with each subsidiary and executive team to create pricing strategy and define comprehensive solution offerings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily with respect to the Companies:
• Identifying potential opportunities for company services using available Government and commercial sources such as
• FedBizOpps, GovWin, FPDS, etc.
• Interpreting technical and management proposal preparation requirements of Federal Government solicitations
• Collaborating with Executives, Business Development personnel, Subject Matter Experts and the Recruitment team
• Oversees proposal activities, including coordinating support personnel, managing proposal schedules and deadlines, developing proposal outlines and monitoring progress of company proposals:
• Participates in the development and review of proposal strategies and themes, and manages the development of a Proposal Management Plan
• Participates in pre-proposal actions including market research, bid/no bid analysis, data calls
• Develops proposal plan/schedule, including kickoff presentation, data calls, assignments and schedule
• Develops compliance matrices and draft outlines of proposals
• Reviews and edits proposal content for consistency and accuracy, including compelling content, grammar, spelling and graphical layout
• Contributes original proposal content where applicable
• Performs internal QA/Compliance reviews of all volumes
• Leads Color Team reviews
Working conditions (travel, work space, etc.)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Strong Business acumen.
• Communication proficiency.
• Observe the legal rules of professional ethical conduct.
• Problem solving and analysis and technical capacity.
• Ability to train others.
• Demonstrate a "whatever it takes" attitude.
• Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; share expertise with others.
• Prioritize and multi-task effectively.
• Communicate clearly, concisely and effectively.
• Perform well under pressure.
• Remain open to others' ideas and try new things.
• Give and welcome feedback.
• Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
• Accept responsibility for own actions in a professional manner; follow through on commitments.
• Possess highly developed attention to detail.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
• Consider business impact of decisions.
• Treat people with respect and demonstrate integrity.
• Promote a harassment-free environment.
• Follow organizational policies and procedures; uphold organizational values.
• Exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
• Demonstrate persistence and overcome obstacles.
• Use time efficiently.
• Look for ways to improve and promote quality of the Companies.
• Maintain excellent attendance.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or other related field
• 2 years of experience managing proposals for federal/DoD/IC government agencies
• Experience researching and gathering information from multiple sources
• Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines under shifting priorities
• Working knowledge of Federal procurement regulations
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
• Must be organized and exhibit strong attention to detail and quality
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and with a team
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience with tribal 8(a)s preferred.
(To receive full credit for education or qualifications, copies of licenses, transcripts, degrees, certificates, and other appropriate documents must be submitted along with employment application.)