Diné Development Corporation (DDC) is the parent company of NOVA Corporation, DDC IT Services, Diné Source, BRIC, LLC, and DDC-CS and is 100% tribally owned by the Navajo Nation.
DDC is dedicated to providing outstanding services to its customers and employees. Our strength is in our ability to understand our client's needs and deliver a solution that will not only meet those needs but exceed their expectations. DDC strives to be innovative in all areas of business and is committed to technical excellence. Our corporate offices are located on the Navajo Nation reservation in Window Rock, Arizona, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, Albuquerque, New Mexico, and Columbia, Maryland.
DDC through its subsidiaries provides unique, custom solutions to meet our customers’ communications and technology needs. Our solutions provide relevant capabilities using modern technology. At their most complex, they are multi-purpose systems that gather information from dozens of different sources. The information is presented to decision makers immediately, visually, clearly.
Diné Development Corporation will accommodate individuals with disabilities that need assistance applying for open positions.
Diné Development Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer subject to the Navajo Preference in Employment Act.
Reporting to the Chief Strategist Officer, the BD Director will help create long-term success for all subsidiaries under the DDC by developing, maintaining and improving business relationships within the federal, state and tribal market. The BD Director will be the professional point of contact for DDC and its subsidiaries. They will conduct research and foster business interest on behalf of all subsidiaries. The BD Director will be responsible for seeking out new and diverse business opportunities for all DDC subsidiaries that align with the DDC’s long term growth strategy. This position will be responsible for helping plan and execute a variety of business development strategies to shape and diversify the DDC family of companies. This will entail working closely with each subsidiary and executive team to create pricing strategy and define comprehensive solution offerings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily with respect to the Companies:
Drive targeting efforts across the breadth of a client’s business units and functions.
• Develop strategic and tactical plans to generate revenue.
• Build relationships with key executives to generate and develop ideas, pursue opportunities and close sales.
• As the organization expands, develops and leads a team of Business Development and Capture Managers through all phases of the BD life cycle.
• Coordinates with operations leadership to ensure access to subject matter experts for proposal development.
• Responsible for pipeline development in alignment with all BD metrics.
• Responsible for strategic evaluation of potential business opportunities and provides input into the organization’s overall business strategy.
• Collaborates and coordinates BD activities internally ensuring opportunities are prioritized, managed and appropriately funded within the business area.
• Ensures that bids are adequately resourced and supported through effective management and budgeting.
• Define target markets and create long-term marketing plans.
• Develop launch strategies, product positioning, messaging, and creative tactical ideas in support of client objectives.
• Outline overall corporate situation analysis.
• Provide tailored services, develop evaluation tools, and monitor public response.
• Work with marketing to produce annual marketing proposals, define advertising for all media, public service announcements, and public relations.
• Responsible for aggressively pursuing expansion of the DDC family of companies’ services, and pursuit of business development opportunities within the federal, state, and tribal market
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Strong Business acumen.
• Communication proficiency.
• Observe the legal rules of professional ethical conduct.
• Problem solving and analysis and technical capacity.
• Ability to train others.
• Demonstrate a "whatever it takes" attitude.
• Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; share expertise with others.
• Prioritize and multi-task effectively.
• Communicate clearly, concisely and effectively.
• Perform well under pressure.
• Remain open to others' ideas and try new things.
• Give and welcome feedback.
• Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
• Accept responsibility for own actions in a professional manner; follow through on commitments.
• Possess highly developed attention to detail.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
• Consider business impact of decisions.
• Treat people with respect and demonstrate integrity.
• Promote a harassment-free environment.
• Follow organizational policies and procedures; uphold organizational values.
• Exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
• Demonstrate persistence and overcome obstacles.
• Use time efficiently.
• Look for ways to improve and promote quality of the Companies.
• Maintain excellent attendance.
This job operates in private and public environments. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines. A successful candidate must be able to adjust to changing priorities, and capable of working in a fast paced environment, in stressful situations while providing service to internal and external customers in a professional and courteous manner. Must be able to work extended hours, nights and weekends when necessary. Local, long distance, and occasional international travel may be required. This role requires a clean driving record and a valid, current, and non-probationary driver’s license.
• Master’s Degree in business, finance, or other related field required and 10 or more years related experience in business development
• Experience with pipeline development, pursuit identification and the Federal procurement capture process is a prerequisite.
• Track record of prime single award or IDIQ wins.
• Experience with the entire BD and Capture process lifecycle.
• Experience developing and maintaining strong opportunity pipelines.
• Strong skills working with both internal and external proposal resources.
• Solid phase-in experience.
• Experience with tribal 8(a)s preferred.
(To receive full credit for education or qualifications, copies of licenses, transcripts, degrees, certificates, and other appropriate documents must be submitted along with employment application.)