DDC-4C is 100% tribally owned by the Navajo Nation. Recognized by the Small Business Administration (SBA), we are certified as a Tribally Owned 8(a) Small Disadvantaged Business.
DDC 4C is a professional services firm with a successful history of developing and implementing integrative strategies for natural resources management, planning, and documentation. We deliver innovative strategies to adapt technology and natural sciences to support natural resource projects.
Offering more than 36 years of combined experience working in the federal and public sectors, our technical team has extensive knowledge of natural resources, forestry, and wildlife management with specialists in the fields of endangered species, wildlife, wetland delineators, and equipment operation. We protect the natural environment for private companies and military installations by implementing strategies to conserve and protect entire forestry systems, wildlife habitats, and endangered species.
This job description is not a contract of employment. Employment with DDC Construction Services, LLC dba DDC 4C is completely voluntary and may be terminated at any time by either the employee or the Company for any lawful reason. The statements made below are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with the job and should not be construed as such.
Summary: Works in partnership with the Board of Directors and executive team to set the strategic direction of the organization. Displays strategic leadership in ensuring the organizations future relevance, credibility, and viability. Responsible for establishing organizational objectives and priorities and for reviewing and evaluating the progress and work for attainment of objectives and performance goals. Acts as primary spokesperson for the organization in ensuring it carries out the mission and vision internally and externally to ensure accountability of the organization to its diverse constituents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned as needed that are not detailed below. Percentage of time spent on duties and responsibilities is an approximation and can vary depending upon business needs.
• Oversees overall organizational strategic planning in concert with the Diné Development Corporation CEO and Board of Directors, including working with executive team, to implement strategic plans in support of the profitable growth of the business. Balances organizational priorities through an inclusive strategic planning and management system.
• Operational and Program Management experience in managing environmental projects valued greater than $1 million dollars.
• knowledge of state, local, federal (RCRA/CERLCA) regulatory environments, associated guidance
• Knowledge of Environmental issues and the ability to work with the team to develop solutions.
• Experience in developing and implementing quality and safety plans.
• Experience in contract negotiation. pricing and developing of cost proposals
• Experience in
• knowledge in Government Contracting, process and policies
• Responsible for developing and implementing an organizational structure to support future growth and sustainability of the organization in commercial and government services sector.
• Creates opportunities for economic development and job opportunities for the Navajo Nation.
• Responsible for ensuring the organization operates in a manner that maximizes return and minimizes risk in order to achieve the revenue targets, profit margins, and management of budget.
• Leads the business development efforts of the organization to ensure current and future growth plans are supported in and the revenue and profitability targets are met.
• Ensures the development of programs and services that are cost-effective and provide appropriate levels of quality.
• Creates and implements measurable standards of performance for all contracts and contract personnel that serve to improve organizational operations to ensure proper policies, procedures, and defined processes are in place to create a strong and cohesive operation that meets regulatory and compliance requirements.
• Ensures the proper controls are in place for the efficient and viable financial management of the organization including all revenues, expenses, acquisitions, and charitable endeavors. Ensure the organization is led by rigorous accountability in support of the long-term sustainability and stability through conservative fiscal management of organizations resources.
• Works with the Board, CEO and CFO to ensure appropriate financing to support both short- and long-term goals.
• Ensure the management of general and sub-contractors supports compliance and minimizes risk before issues arise.
• Represents the organization to the community, customers, business partners, lending institutions, and government entities in such a way that the reputation of the organization is protected and enhanced. Initiates and fosters cooperative relationships with key constituencies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Prioritizes and multi-tasks effectively.
• Communicates clearly and concisely.
• Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Advanced negotiation skills
• Demonstrates a “whatever it takes” attitude.
• Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Performs well under pressure.
• Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Gives and welcomes feedback.
• Accepts responsibility for own actions in a professional manner; Follows through on commitments.
• Possess highly developed attention to detail.
• Acumen in business finance including budgeting, profit and loss, cash flow. • Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Considers business impact of decisions.
• Treats people with respect; works diligently and demonstrates integrity.
• Promotes a harassment-free environment.
• Follows organizational policies and procedures; upholds organizational values.
• Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
• Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
• Uses time efficiently.
• Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
• Maintains good attendance.
• Display an open, grounded and inspirational leadership style that is hands-on and adaptive.
• Strong influencing skills, consensus building, and relationship development.
• Experienced in corporate governance
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. 5+ years of overseeing environmental projects.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical documents, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write presentations, speeches and documents for use internally and to the external audiences that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Decision Making and Impact: Formulates strategic direction in keeping with the overall organization mission, with Board and executive management guidance; provides overall guidance to employees. Responsible for strategic, operational and financial performance of all units of the entire organization. Frequent interaction to negotiate critical agreements and establish overall tone and content for mass communications, requiring a well-developed sense of strategy and timing, plus sensitivity to diverse audiences. Ability to engender trust. Relationships affecting the overall organization work environment (culture) and/or the overall customer base and general public (reputation). Impact is high, affecting long-term performance of the overall organization – gains or losses can significantly change the future of the organization.
Computer Skills: MS Office Suite, Project Schedule and JAMIS ERP
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Ability to read documents, computer screen and other computer related devices.
Location of Employment: Virginia Beach , VA
Active Security Clearance a PLUS! (Must be able to pass background check to obtain)
• Bachelor’s of Science degree in a related related field with 10 years of experience.
• Master’s degree preferred.